Saturday, June 4, 2011

Organic Root Stimulator Lye Relaxer- May 2011

I relaxed my hair with ORS lye relaxer on May 27 after a 14 week stretch. I relaxed using the half and half method by parting my hair down the middle and relaxed and neutralized each section one at a time. I pre-sectioned and loosely two strand twisted each section so that I could speed up the processing time. It took about 5-7 minutes to apply the relaxer. Total application and processing time was 18 minutes per side.  I then rinse neutralized, deep conditioned and rollerset my hair on purple and gray rollers. I sat under the dryer for an hour.
I have to say, I really like this relaxer. It left my hair slightly under processed in some parts but I’m okay with that. My hair has so much more body than when I relaxed in February with Phytospecifics Index 2 relaxer. Although, Phyto resulted in much softer hair, it left my hair stick straight and limp. I will have to wait a few weeks to see if this is a keeper…

No comments:

Post a Comment