Friday, September 2, 2011

I cut two inches off my hair!

I wrote a blog post on hairlista about my thin ends. I said that I was on an experiment to see if they would fill in over 6 months. Well... I failed! I got a big fat F but it feels good! I decided to cut two inches after 4 months. I just could not stand looking at my thin, see through ends... These are pictures of my ugly, thin ends pre- cut....













And these photos were taken during and post cut!


I definitely rid of most of the see through ends and I am very happy. My hair is now grazing BSL which is cool. I have to say that I do miss the length a little but I figure it should be back by December. Moving forward I think I will continue to trim as needed but I will make sure I wait at least 4 months between trims (I need to see my progress to stay motivated ;) ).

I am not completely sure what caused the thin ends. I mean, they were not split... just thin. I think my thin ends are the result of my salon days when I let the stylist over process my hair during the relaxer. When I started self-relaxing, I found that my hair had a little more texture and thickness. I relax straight but not pin straight if that makes sense. I think overtime, the slight difference in textures caused the ends to appear very thin. Well, moving forward I will continue with my regimen and pray that my ends grow and remain thick...

No comments:

Post a Comment