Thursday, June 7, 2012

New Stylist and Hair Update

I decided that I do not want to get relaxers during  my pregnancy so I tried a new stylist on May 15. I was about 12 weeks post relaxer. He washed, applied a reconstructor, conditioned and then had me sit under the hooded dryer. He then had his assistant apply what I believe was a heat protectant and gently blow dry my hair. He then flat ironed or as he called it "silkened" my hair and then trimmed at my request. I'm really grateful for hair dressers who listen to you about your wants. I told him that "I want my hair trimmed but length is important to me". I felt that it was important to say this because many stylist preach "health before length" but I believe there can be a happy medium. He listened to me and only trimmed probably less than an inch. Which was great especially since I had not had a professional trim in several years! I was happy with my hair but I don't know how often I'll go back because he used A LOT of heat. I just scheduled my next appointment for next Tuesday June 12. I figure I will go a few times and see how my hair does since I don't really feel like dealing with it on my own. I don't care if it gets "heat trained/damaged" because I figure that even if I do go natural its unlikely that I'll wear it in its natural kinky state.






2 comments:

  1. I agree. He did a great job. I like my current stylist. She's really nice but I can hear her scissors sneaking a trim every time I visit her. She'll pull them out several times during styling. I'm not sure about her. Think I just may purchase the split ender soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand. i would normally just self trim to avoid having a stylist trim. With my last stylist I would always begin my sentence with "NO trim but a wash and set" :)

      Delete