Thursday, June 7, 2012

9 weeks 2 days- Sickness :(

I have a cold :( Stuffy nose, sneezing and congestion. I read that your body suppresses your immune system when you are pregnant so that your body doesn't reject your babies. Boy is this the case for me.... It might even explain why my  eczema has not "cleared up"... whatever that means. I just came down with eczema in March (before I was pregnant) for the first time in my life. I'm having trouble stopping scratching (My brother said that I need to wear some gloves or bandages like I'm a four year old).  The doctor prescribed me a steroid cream but told me to stop taking it after I found out I was pregnant. Now my skin is discolored and it sucks! I've always prided myself on having clear skin... Oh well. I have a dermatology appointment in a couple of weeks. Let's hope they deal with this.

Today I had organic apple cinnamon oatmeal for breakfast and half an organic grapefruit. For the remainder of the day i had 2 bowls of life cereal with unsweetened almond milk, a spoonful of peanut butter, homemade organic italian wedding soup and ramen noodles with half the packet of seasoning (to cut back on the amount of sodium). I also had am organic pear today. Yikes! This does not look good. I'm going to have to make better choices. The nutritionist said I needed at least 2700 calories per day for this pregnancy but I've been trying to just eat when I'm hungry and stay hydrated.  

2 comments:

  1. I say eat when you're hungry. So many of us get caught up in eating all the extra food just because we're pregnant and pay for it later when we find out that extra 50 lbs was not baby weight. I think you're doing a great job with your meal choices. You seem to think about the nutritional value of everything you eat. Just curious, why organic everything? Is that your choice pre-pregnancy or nutrionist suggestion?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been eating organic for a couple of years now. I do it because non-organic food is contaminated with all types of pesticides and chemical herbides with not only deplete the nutritional value of the food but can also be detrimental to our health. I was watching a documentary on this on they actually had farmers covered in full body suits to protect themselves while the chemicals were being sprayed on the produce. If you have to wear protective clothing to farm my food, then i dont want it!

      Delete