Saturday, July 23, 2011

Braidout Tutorial

I love to do a braidout on freshly cowashed hair. After a cowash, I will apply my leave ins and allow my hair to airdry about 90%. I add more leave in and coconut oil and then I braid my hair in 6 cornrows, 3 on each side. Sometime I curl the ends and other times I leave them straight.

I then add Elasta QP Olive Oil and Mango butter to my edges and brush then straight.
When my edges are straight, I tie my scarf down to hold them down while i sleep.






In the morning, I apply grapeseed oil directly to each cornrow using an applicator bottle. I then unravel and manipulate my hair to hide the parts. On the second and third nights, I simply moisturize and seal my hair and re-braid. I then spritz my hair with water to set the braids. I usually only allow 3 days between cowashes when i am doing a braidout  to prevent damage to my ends.


The braidout below was done using "Zaneandrob's satin scarf method"

Here, I used flexirods to get a tighter curl.

No comments:

Post a Comment